Well, nothing makes you feel old quicker than getting an invitation to join your “10 Year Reunion” group on Facebook!
When I first got that invitation the other day, all I could think is “Where did that time go?!”
I feel like the ’90s were 10 years ago — not 2006!
It’s crazy to think how much has changed in the past 10 years since I was seventeen. I mean, I didn’t even own an iPhone and had just joined Facebook!
Since graduating and moving away from my hometown, I’ve lost touch with most of the people I went to high school with. But I did do a bit of
stalking browsing to check in on some of my former classmates who were also in the group.
While 10 year reunions are a time to see old friends and talk about your high school days, I feel like it’s also a time for comparison. It’s natural to compare yourself to your classmates to see who has a better job, who’s gained more weight, who has the cutest kids or whatever.
And there are definitely days I feel like I haven’t accomplished as much as I should. So instead of focusing of the things I haven’t done since high school (like make a million dollars or become famous), today I wanted to think back on all the awesome things I HAVE done since high school.
In the 10 Years Since High School…
1. I’ve traveled to 10 different countries.
2. I earned my bachelors degree in Mass Communication and my Master’s in Education.
3. I bought my first home.
4. I started my blog Southern Flair and the Baton Rouge Fashion Council.
5. I’ve taught 500+ middle school children.
6. I’ve lived in 5 different cities.
7. I’ve discovered my passions – social media & blogging — two things that didn’t even exist in high school!
8. I adopted the cutest chihuahua.
9. I’ve met so many new friends and co-workers who inspire me everyday.
10. I found employment — the one I’m sure my parents are the most excited about!
Now, I want to hear from you! Tell me TEN awesome things you’ve done since high school in the comments!