Right after Christmas, Mardi Gras, and Fourth of July comes my fourth favorite holiday of the year — Cinco de Mayo!
It’s next week, so you’ve got plenty of time to master your margarita skills beforehand. In case you’re wanting to mix it up this year with something a little different than a classic margarita, today I’m sharing a super simple recipe for a lime & jalapeño margarita that you can whip up in no time at all.
Ingredients: (makes one margarita)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 green jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- lime wedge for garnish
- cilantro sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Pour the salt in a small bowl or on a saucer. Rub a lime around the rim of your glass. Dip the glass in the salt.
- Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- In a separate glass or pitcher, muddle the jalapeno slices with the lime juice in the bottom using a wooden spoon.
- Add the tequila. Stir to mix.
- Pour over glass of ice.
- Add extra slices of jalapeño if desired.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and sprig of cilantro.
Shop my Bar Cart: